Oct 25, 2016

In America, Leaf Fall Down


Okay, time for an update! My ABCs of Autumn list was posted on September 28 and I'm proud to say that, just shy of a month later, Jon and I have been as terribly autumnal as I'd hoped we'd be.

I say "I'd hoped" rather than "we'd hoped" because Jon, like the husbands and boyfriends of my high school friends with whom I went apple picking, hates the idea of doing anything social media-worthy and opts out when he can. In fact, when two of our neighbor/friends found us carving pumpkins in our apartment's courtyard and commented on how we could be out of an Instagram, Jon groaned. (I took it as a compliment, naturally.) However, I don't think he's been entirely miserable... or if he has been, the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and apple raisin spice cake have certainly helped sweeten his torment!

Here's what we've been busy with over the last few weeks:
- apple picking
- decorating for the season
- football (10/9; Redskins 16, Ravens 10)
- leaf peeping
- mac and cheese
- pumpkin carving
- Renaissance Festival
- stews
- Winston Salem - though, alas, there was no bluegrass!

I forgot that Boo at the Zoo is ticketed, which we discovered when we went to the zoo on the last day and saw the "sold out" sign, so we missed that this year. But we do have a few Halloween parties coming up on Saturday! And we'll be heading out to deepest Maryland the following weekend to spend a day at Millstone Cidery with our friend Emily and her boyfriend Chuck, who will be driving down from Philadelphia.

We still have another six weeks of fall, though - there's no rush!